Tracking and Analyzing a Project
Set and maintain baselines.
* Baselining an entire project
* Baselining selected tasks
* Setting multiple baselines
* Updating a baseline (for example, rolling up to summary tasks)
* Resetting the baseline
Update actual progress.
* Percentage completion
* Actual or remaining duration
* Actual work
* Remaining work
* Status date
* Current date
* Rescheduling uncompleted work
* Actual start and actual finish
* Actual work and usage views
* Cancelling an unneeded task (for example, inactivating a task, setting an active flag or zeroing out Remaining work)
Compare progress against a baseline.
* Date variance
* Work variance
* Cost variance
* Showing variance of the current plan against baseline (tracking Gantt)
* Task slippage
* Selecting a view to display variance
Address schedule problems with Task Inspector (2010).
* Warnings and suggestions
* Task drivers
* Identifying resource overallocations
Display Critical Path information.
* Single or master projects
* Viewing total slack
* Displaying progress against deadlines